Thursday, February 9, 2012

a quiet christmas

we had a quiet christmas just the four of us this year.  since crosby was only 2 weeks old and my recovery was going so slowly, we decided to cancel our flights to alabama and stay in boston.  it was a hard decision since this was our last christmas in america for a while.  but it ended up being a really sweet time to spend with our friends and church family here.

Jude "helped" me make Christmas cookies.  Half the flour ended up on us and the floor as his stirring is about the speed and vigor of a jet engine.




My first attempt at cooking after crosby's birth - i made beef bourguignon for christmas eve.  not only did i knock over my glass prep cups to see them shatter over half of the beef tenderloin and have to throw it out, but it also knocked over my soy sauce that spilled everywhere, but trying to get myself showered and dressed, crosby fed, jude dressed and dinner on the table in order to get to our christmas eve service at church, i forgot to reset my timer and i burned it as well as burning a nice layer onto the bottom of my le creuset.  in the famous words of my encouraging husband, "this is the best tasting burned dish i've ever had."  so there you go.

christmas morning was really special to celebrate as a family.  some friends of ours passed down a play kitchen and we gave it to jude for christmas (greg wondered why it wasn't a tool bench) - but jude LOVES it and loves cooking in it.  I often find his choo-choo trains in the microwave.













No comments: