Monday, March 8, 2010

Gaining weight!

What a great day!  Jude slept for a 6-hour stretch last night and Greg and I were able to get some much needed sleep!  AND it was 56 degrees and sunny in Boston today so Greg's mom and I got out and went for a walk with Jude in the Bjorn.  And the great news is that he weighed in at 8 lbs. today at our lactation appointment!  So we're now back up to and have even surpassed his birth weight!  So while feeding is still a challenge and we are working hard at getting extra calories in him, he has really turned a corner and is doing so well.

We are now on our own as my family is gone and Greg's mom left today.  It will be interesting to see how we can survive without the help of our family - I'm not sure laundry or dishes will ever be done again :)

I (ginger) am feeling much better.  I got an infection this past Friday, but I'm on antibiotics and my body seems to be on the road to healing right now.  I was actually able to get outside and do some things this past week.   We went to church, Greg's mom babysat and sent us on a date and treated us to a really nice dinner, we went to visit the Smiths in the hospital with their new baby, and went for a walk!

I love this little one more every day.  his cry sounds like a lion's roar.... seriously.  and it is really loud.  This is one of my favorite things - he likes to smile in his sleep - he won't do it for us when he is awake, but it is one of his many faces while he sleeps - I love it.

 

Talking to daddy  
  

kisses from Grammy 

  

ginger and jude are both exhausted 
 

Ginger's parents go back to Alabama - thank you for all your help!

  


the eyes of Texas are upon you... 



jude's first Sunday at church
 

  

  

Greg's mom just left today to go back to Austin - Thanks for all your help!! 
 

 

  

bath time with Momo and Daddy 
 

Thank you, Kathy, for the amazing Patagonia bunting!!  Jude fell asleep all warm and cozy in it on our first walk around campus.


 

  

Our close friends, Nick and Caroline Smith, just had their baby girl, Ellie on Friday! We got to go visit them in the hospital that afternoon. 
 


2 comments:

Kathy McCarthy said...

My sweet precious little one !! How I love your smile !! Yeah for the weight gain !! Answered prayer ! Love, Grammy

liz said...

i'm so glad jude is doing so well!! he is just precious!!! i'm proud of you for getting out and walking when it "warmed up" to 56 degrees!!!! i guess that's what boston is like ... anne and i would never get out for walks!!! we went a couple days ago b/c it was like 75 degrees here!!! he he. miss and love y'all!