Saturday, May 1, 2010

Gordon-Conwell Graduation Banquet

Last night was our graduation banquet at the Peabody Marriott.  I think it hit me for the first time that we are about to be leaving our incredible Gordon-Conwell family.  This has been such a unique time being surrounded by such a close community of friends and professors.  It has been all I've known of married life - Greg and I moved up here 2 days after our honeymoon - our apartment has been our first and only home together these 3 years and this is just life.  It had not really hit me that it really is about to drastically change.  Most all of our friends will be leaving and going separate ways.  We are looking to stay here in Boston for another year while we begin the process of returning to Asia.  So while we may not be leaving, our community and life as we know it is about to change.

It made me so sad since this is the longest I have lived in one place, been part of one church, and lived in one community since college.  And I love it.  So while I know it is time for life to move on, it makes me so sad to think we have only about 3 weeks left with our friends here.  Graduation is next weekend.  So strange.  In some ways, I feel like it was just yesterday that we caravaned up here with the Smiths in our Penske trucks.  On the other hand, so much of life has happened while we've been here that it's hard to imagine life anywhere else.

August 2007:

These are pictures from the banquet last night.  Greg started at Gordon-Conwell as a single guy (we were dating, but I was still in Texas) and we are leaving here as a family of three. 

May 2010:

We took Blake and Ryan as our guests to the banquet last night since we are both graduating and could bring a guest.  They have become like family to us up here as well.

2 comments:

efguess said...

I am really proud of you both!! Wow.. Ging... reading this makes me flash back to some very excited conversations I had with Grego about this amazing girl named Ginger that he met in China... and now look where we are... I wish we were all sitting out in the sand at the Maine beach house... man... and neither of us would be preggo! :)
Love you! Elizabeth

C:M:W said...

Congrats to both of you! I