Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A momentous weekend

This weekend was packed with some pretty significant events.  It began with Jude's first haircut.  I have been fighting this as long as possible, but we got to the point where EVERYONE (that didn't know him) thought he was a girl - even when decked out in solid blue.  Not just a person here or there, but on one single trip to the grocery, I might get 4 or 5 "pretty girl" comments and no illusions to his boy-ness.  So I started to feel the pressure.  I think his first haircut at Snip-Its (I was terrified to do it myself) was just as painful for me as it was for him.  Here is the progression of the event:

Pre-haircut.  I LOVE the curls - "please don't cut off all the curls"

In the chair - "I'm not so sure about this, guys."

And the crying began.

And continued.

and continued....through the entire haircut.

the end result.  now mama is crying.


Second event of the weekend:  Good Harbor Beach - our favorite beach up here, about 10 minutes from us.  We haven't had a spring yet in Boston.  The weather is still in the 50s and low 60s.  So on a day when the temperature gets into the Low 60s, it's time for the beach, right?  We've only had two days so far this year that have hit 70 degrees.  And it's mid-May.  This is the roughest winter yet, and I am DONE.....can't handle any more.  I just want to be outside.




Other two significant events:  Greg's Ordination Service and Mother's Day - next post.

No comments: