Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Next Stop: Austin, Texas



We miss Austin so much when we are gone....our mouths water for Tex-Mex, we dream of running at Town Lake, and of course we love seeing our friends and family!  We went to Hula Hut (my very favorite) our first night in Austin ... I LOVED having my Hula Hut chips & salsa & queso and Hawaiian fajitas....unfortunately, Jude didn't love it as much as I did - I think the jalepeno breastmilk made him throw up the entire next day :(  So much for craving Tex-Mex.  The next stop was Santa Rita's - "can i have the spicy fish tacos without the spice?" what??  Then El Patio... seriously? Greg's favorite, but the only thing I like is their nachos - and mainly because of the jalepenos - and I had to take the jalepenos off.   Why can't Jude be allergic to New England food like roast beef or lobster instead of Tex-Mex??  Sigh. One day my body will be my own again  :)


Jude and Poppie at Hula Hut

Momo feeding Jude at Hula Hut

Finally get to meet "auntie" joana - she has been waiting such a long time!  We had lunch with some of my great friends and former high school students and co-workers at Chipotle

Meeting Pop (Greg's dad) for the first time out at Aunt Betty's farm.  What a fun day!


Greg with our nephew, Andrew, and Jude

Aunt Ann, Cousin Andrew and Jude

... after Jude spit up all over Uncle Neal

Lunch with Nonnie!
Aunt Leslie and Cannon - Les is one of my very closest friends.  We got to spend great time with her and her husband Oliver and their little boy, Cannon.
Aunt Leslie and Jude


1 comment:

Caroline Cobb Smith said...

Ellie's future hubby is so handsome in that last pic!!!