Thursday, June 24, 2010

Reuniting

Greg and I both have had really great moments of reuniting with good friends recently.  Greg had his 10-year high school reunion while we were in Austin.  He graduated from Anderson High School in Austin in 2000.  It was fun for me to see him with all of his high school buddies and to meet lots of really great new people. We spent some time before the reunion with one of Greg's really close friends, Elizabeth, and her husband and little girl - that was so fun since I love Elizabeth and have gotten to know her better over the past couple of years.  We also got to see Greg's cousin, Kate, and her husband Matt (picture below) and catch up with them at the reunion.  And of course, Greg's good high school buddies are awesome - pictures below.  I didn't go to my high school reunion, so it was fun to be more of an observer at Greg's.



One of my close friends from college, Ashley Wells King, is living in Houston now and so she drove over to Austin with her two little boys to come see us.  Ashley had a huge impact on my life in college as she was the first person to disciple me and teach me about discipleship.  I had not seen Ash in probably seven years!  It was so great to catch up with her, meet her little ones, and for her to meet Greg and Jude. 
  

And then some of my best friends in the world, Ashley and Bryan Johnson, were in New Hampshire for family vacation and stopped by Gordon-Conwell on their way to the airport and we got to have lunch with them and their boys.  I love these two so much - and if you're ever in need of a photographer - Bryan is the best there is.  (You can check his work out here.)

1 comment:

C:M:W said...

such fun pictures of all yalls trips with Jude!