Wednesday, November 10, 2010

my 31st birthday

i have always loved october.  but octobers in boston are the best octobers :).  i had a really sweet birthday this year.  we put jude down for his morning nap at our friends house while greg and i went on a mini date to several of my favorite places in South Hamilton.....Starbucks, Patton Park, Canaan Farms, and Hamilton Gardens.  We had lunch with our good friends and then came back home to rockport where i went to the ocean to journal for the first time in months while jude napped.  it was a glorious fall day.  ryan and lindsey babysat for us and greg took me to dinner in gloucester and then we built a fire on the beach across from our house and made s'mores and hot chocolate.  It was a day filled with many of my favorite little things....reminding me of how thankful i am for this life that God has given me to live.
Starbucks at the park

jude helping me open cards....he chewed while i read.
journaling at the ocean


s'mores and hot cocoa on beach

3 comments:

efguess said...

jealous. next time forget that husband of yours and invite me. i like to journal and eat smores... sometimes even at the same time...until the pages get sticky.

Unknown said...

did jude take that last pic?

greg and ginger o'brien said...

E - come on up and visit and we'll eat s'mores until we topple over.

Joey - you know it. He's still working on keeping the camera out of his mouth.