Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Great friends, wonderful visits, huge blessings

We have had an amazing 2 weeks in our new home with some wonderful visitors.

My mom came the day before we moved to help with our move.  She was an AMAZING gift and blessing to us!  I have no idea how we would have done it without her - with Greg finishing his seminary classes the day before we moved, packing with a 6-month old, selling much of our furniture, unpacking, all while I was studying to take the SAT 4 days after our move for a job!  My mom and Greg unpacked almost everything!  And it's really special to have sweet memories with her in our new home.  A huge thanks to my daddy too for parting with her for those 5 days as I know he was wishing he could be here too helping and playing with Jude!  We love you both!

Our dear friend, Joey Chiang came to visit us for 4 days.  It was such a blessing to be with him in our home.  Greg and I were so refreshed by his visit and it made us miss the Chiang family all the more!  Only wish Jenni and Austin could have been here too!

We were so happy that Chris Taylor came to visit too!  Chris is a great friend of our from Gordon-Conwell and he just got back from spending most of the year teaching in Africa.  We were so thankful to have some quality time with him over a good food and good wine.  Come back regularly, Mr. Taylor :)

No comments: