Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Thankfulness: Five Reasons Why I Love our New Home

Despite our wonderful visitors and friends coming up to see us, I have had an overwhelming sense of isolation with our new home being so far away.  Rockport is the northernmost tip of the north shore of Boston.  Though beautiful, peaceful, calm, quaint, and charming, it is 25 minutes further from Gordon-Conwell friends and 15-20 minutes further from the city.  My tendency is to get anxious and overwhelmed, feeling as though we made a mistake with this move (though we didn't have any other options when we had to make a decision).  So, I have started looking for reasons to love our new home in Rockport to remind myself of the goodness of God in His provision of this home for us.  So thus commences the List of Reasons Why I Love Rockport.  Here are the first five:

1.  We have to pay for trash by the bag (or by the year) - and drive our trash and recycling to a transfer station - this was frustrating at first, but I'm now choosing to be thankful for it because it has made me realize how much more I can recycle than I previously thought.  So yeah for green.

2.  We live by Ralph Waldo Emerson's old house, and a home where Alexander Graham Bell lived for a summer while conducting experiments. :) I love the history here.

3.  We have 2 small patios, so it is a great blessing for me to be able to enjoy being outside some while Jude naps - this makes me feel less cooped up.  I am thankful for that.

4.  Jude has his own room!  It's so nice to not have to whisper all the time!

5.  I can walk to the post office in about 5 minutes; I can walk to the ocean in about 2 minutes! :)  As much as I love the ocean, I feel like it is such a blessing to be able to enjoy this weather, blue skies and being in such a beautiful place before we move overseas.  We've been trying to walk to the ocean each day while the weather is still warm.
 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow! DId realize you guys are living in Rockport. How long do you think you will be there? We would love to come see you there! (probably not for another year or maybe a wee bit less). love you all and your family!